there are some good news for all of you using The Responsive JEM!
After working hours and hours, I were successful to include The Responsive JEM into the original JEM.
So, whats different?
- There is a simple way for installation: Just use this update package - no template overrides anymore!
- Some additional, simple settings in the backend for switching to JEM Responsive
- The original JEM can now be used with modern icons (FontAwesome available for old JEM)
- and many many more...
- You can not automatically update your JEM installation via the Joomla updater. If the default JEM releases an update and you install this, JEM-Responsive is removed automatically
- All new settings are in english?!?! - Yes, because I did not update all language packs.
How do I install and enable it?
1. Download this package (or copy just download url)
2. Install it as a normal extension in Joomla
3. In Joomla Backend, go to Components -> JEM -> Settings -> Basic Settings, there you find a new entry called "Style". There are the global settings for enabling JEM Responsive. Set "Layout Style" to "Modern Responsive Style" and "Use Icon Font" to "Yes"
4. If you used the template override previously, delete all overrides from you template, they are not required anymore.
What can I do with JEM-Responsive?
If you want a demo, take a look here:
After installation, go to your Backend->Components->JEM->Help->JEM Responsive, where you can find a documentation of JEM Responsive. Let me know if you miss something!
Why do you use already module-class suffix?
Because the default JEM does not support some settings of JEM-Responsive. And so, only expert users, that know what they do can change the behaviour of JEM Responsive.
So, why is this not a public release?
I previously forked the repository of JEM to my own account and did the override. After it works, I created a
to the JEM repository to begin the process of merging the override to JEM. But the main developer of JEM is currently missing,so we need to wait until I get a response to the pull request. - Thats the reason why the version is called jem_2.3.0-dev2. This version is a development version, it works for me very well but on your Joomla, there might be problems. But contact me via a topic in this forum and we will find a solution
I hope, on some happy day this extension will be included into JEM officially.