help to better help you:

Please: add always Joomla / JEM version and details to your posts, so we can try to reproduce your issue!

Setting events recurrence

Setting events recurrence

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago
In recurring events we get this alert:

“This event is the first one of a set of recurring events. If you save this event the set will be dissolved. Even if you just save it without editing at all.
If you choose any recurrence in this event a new set of recurring events will be created.”

So my question is how can we edit a recurring event if we need to change description or a image without breaking the recurring set ?

With the current version it seams that every-time we change recurrence new events are created witch make difficult to change event recurrence settings.

I have events that occur every year.
How do we set event recurrence settings “By the end of “ to unlimited or how will we extend event recurrence ?

I´ve set Generate Events up to (days): 365, will this limit the generated events in 365 days even if “By the end of “ is set to unlimited ?

Thanks
Database Version 5.5.52-MariaDB
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_unicode_ci
PHP Version 7.0.19 FPM/FastCGI
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface fpm-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable
JEM 2.2.0
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by designt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Setting events recurrence

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago
At the moment you can not change a recurring events, except changing the database itself.
I have events that occur every year.
How do we set event recurrence settings “By the end of “ to unlimited or how will we extend event recurrence ?
I think that an older version of JEM had the option to "infinite" repeat an event. But don't know why it is gone.
As solution, just set up to repeat the event unitl year 2100?
I´ve set Generate Events up to (days): 365, will this limit the generated events in 365 days even if “By the end of “ is set to unlimited ?
Yes.
For understanding "generate event up to" as I understood it:
For example you call dayly your website at 18:00h. If this option is set to 14days, JEM will every day on 18:00h check for repeating events in the time span from this time 18:00h up to 18:00h in 14 days and will create new entries.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Egnarts.

7 years 5 months ago
Referring to the text in the Help section...:

Hope this clarifies....

Attachments:

6 years 8 months ago
Hello JEM Community,

we used in our community until now JEvents, but there are to many security issues regarding JEvents so we changed our calendar function to JEM.

But threre is one very important feature missing. We have recurring events (weekly) planned for the hole year, but not during holidays, so we need to show only the next of them.

That feature is available on JEvents and the question is can we have it in JEM as well???

Would be nice to get some support :laugh:

Thank you
Chris

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago
Hi, we are lucky, you found the way to JEM.
If I am informed right, this is not possible with the simple list of JEM.
But you can use a jem module or the JEM listevents plugin, to show only the next event(s). You can do so that simplelist ist only for allowed publishers with all events. And in the module or the listevents plugin are only the next ones. Please try, I am sure, you can find a good solution (perhaps not in the manner you think).

EDIT: I tried to correct the errors, I wrote on a smartphone.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by jojo12.

6 years 8 months ago
Create a recurring event.
Change the settings of jem: "Generate Events up to (days): " to 365.
Delete those events that are on holidays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds