I am migrating from an old 1.5 Joomla site with Eventlist to a Joomla 3 site with JEM
I already imported some EventList stuff (EventList tables into JEM) but as told
I had to use an old version :
If you come from Joomla 2.5.28 with EL 1.0.2, then you can not import to JEM using "Eventlist import" in JEM 2.2.2 (at least it failed for me). However, using JEM 2.1.6 to do the import worked.
Now, as the migration takes some time, I'd need to update the events content. But I am wondering how I could do that:
- Eventlist import process don't allow to import content in JEM tables which have already a content. I have to empty them first.
- downgrade to JEM 2.1.6 (but how ???) and then update
- Also, as I use "Simple Responsive JEM Event Page", I am wondering if it could interfere it in this process
- I have some overrides too...
It looks like a risky business this import...
Finally I took the longer way :
- removed everything from JEM (componentn plugins, modules)
- reinstall 2.1.6 version
- deleted all JEM data from component
- imported Eventlist tables (previously exported)
- update JEM to 2.2.3 version
- installed plugins (plg_tagjem, langage packages, …)
- rename correctly the JEM override folder containing, Responsive JEM and my overrides. I renamed it by pure paranoïa wondering if it would have been deleted by JEM uninstall)
- reimport with phpMyAdmin the sitecvr_jem_config.sql table previously exported.
- add to reset categories color
- republish menu items related to JEM that were unpished dureg JEM uninstall
- recreate the JEM basic module showing coming events
That almost all…
But next time sure I’ll try to remove only the component!
Because unfortunately I have to do it again for the final import.
By the way I add an error during update process (see image)
« Duplicate column name ‘unregistra_until’ »
I am trying to remember.. because Joomla 1.5 was long long time ago.
Jonasbang wrote about updating from Eventlist 1.0.2 in Joomla! 2.5.28.
First question is: are you on Eventlist 1.0.2 or 1.0.1 or 1.1.
If you are on 1.0.1 you first have to upgrade to Eventslist 1.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.28.
If you are on eventlist 1.1, If I remember right, then you have no chance to upgrade to eventlist 1.0.2.
Then you can try the way of Jonasbang.
There must have been a point to upgrade, but somehow you missed it.
on JEM 2.3.0 stable in latest Joomla (3.9.22) Protostar php7.4.5