• Page:

TOPIC:

does the JEM_DESCRIPTION make sense 10 years 8 months ago #10270

• jojo12
  • jojo12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 476

I've seen the JEM_DESCRIPTION and PKG_JEM_INSTALLATION_DESCRIPTION.
It's the verbally translated description of EVENTLIST.
But we have the problem, that now the name JEM says nothing, meanwhile EventList said something.
So, it doesn't make any sense to write:
"JEM is just that what the name would lead you to expect."

Perhaps here we should write like in the logo: "JEM - an EventManager for Joomla is just that what the name would lead you to expect...
Or we let this and describe only with the rest.
The topic has been locked.

does the JEM_DESCRIPTION make sense 10 years 8 months ago #10287

Hi jojo,

No, this text is crap. It needs a complete re-write. I will propose a new text this week. Also, i looked into the help files and I think I understand how it works. So I will start working on those as well this week, as they need to be completely re-written too.

does the JEM_DESCRIPTION make sense 10 years 7 months ago #10465

OK, I would like to propose the following text:
PKG_JEM="JEM - Package"

PKG_JEM_INSTALLATION_DESCRIPTION="JEM is an Event Management Component for Joomla.<br/><br/>

It's not a calendar but an easy way to manage and present your events for your group, company or community.<br/>
JEM offers a lot of features and possibilities which make your work easier, like the Venue database, Event recurrence, Auto geotagging and much more.<br/>
But also for your site visitors JEM has some additional features to offer, like a simple registration system, map service links, or the submission/edit of events and venues from the frontend...<br/><br/>

Please note this is a development release and <b>should not be used on live websites!</b><br/><br/>

JEM is based on Eventlist by Christoph Lukes (http://www.schlu.net)<br/><br/>

This package consists of the JEM component combined with essential modules and plugins. <br/><br/><br/>

- search plugin<br/>
- finder plugin (smart search)<br/>
- mailer plugin<br/>- comments plugin<br/>
- latest Events Basic module<br/>
- latest Events Wide module<br/><br/>

If you want to use any of these modules and plugins, please do not forget to publish them in the moule manager or the plugin manager in your site´s backend.<br/><br/><br/>

Community support is provided at www.joomlaeventmanager.net/forum"
I tried to change the text in the package description in en-GB.pkg_jem.sys.ini but I keep getting errors after installing. The site completely disappears. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

It must have something to do with the content of the string. I used line breaks in the example above, but not in the actual ini file.

does the JEM_DESCRIPTION make sense 10 years 7 months ago #10468

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Didn't take a look at it (yet), but the problem can be that you are using a special character and by doing so it's breaking the string.

does the JEM_DESCRIPTION make sense 10 years 7 months ago #10474

• diesl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Worked for me
Repository: Github // Issues: Github // Languages: Transifex

does the JEM_DESCRIPTION make sense 10 years 7 months ago #10476

Hmmm.. it completely breaks the backend of my test site.

@Diesl,
Did you re-install the component or are you able to simulate this part of the install procedure? I might have made a mistake in re-zipping?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......