• Page:

TOPIC:

Can't override the css of the calendar module 2 months 2 weeks ago #27322

• stevent
  • stevent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I want to create my own css for the mod_jem_cal module, to match the layout of my site. I've copied the mod_jem_cal.css to my template/css directory and added the path to the css file to the module settings. I can see the css file is loaded with the page, but for some reason the changes to the css styles are not applied to the calendar.
Even worse: if I edit the css file mod_jem_cal.css directly in the modules folder, nothing changes.

Why?? Am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can't override the css of the calendar module 2 months 2 weeks ago #27323

hmm not sure what happens.

Maybe something is overruling the classes, cache problems, or..... don't know. do you have an example?
Would check the files/links etc..

Did try it out and it seems to work ok (Joomla 3 + jem_cal). I've installed files from github master-repo. that said i did ran into a problem as i did download the files master-repo from Github. When zipping that module folder and installing it won't work as it seems to call classes that don't exist.

// modjem_cal.php does have the include of css
(won't respond to PM)
==================================================================
running local: pre-alpha JEM 4.x (custom version) + Joomla 4.0.0beta3 + PHP 7.2.25
running live: jem2.3.0
Attachments:

Can't override the css of the calendar module 2 months 2 weeks ago #27324

• stevent
  • stevent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I'm working on a test server without any caching. As said, the alternate stylesheet is loaded, but for some reason it is not applied, even if I add !important to my styles. Some somewhere along the line I must be doing something really stupid.

Can't override the css of the calendar module 2 months 2 weeks ago #27325

guess the module is enabled :)
if changing of other template css files work, then it will be zooming into the module.

I gues you don't have a typo in the css? a missing closing tag or something like that.
Maybe you can find a tip in dev tools of the browser you're working on. In Mozilla that's CTRL + SHIFT + K

You can also try to add a piece of code and try to load stylesheet directly in index of template and see if that works.
you might want to try it out with original calendar module files.
$User_stylesheet = a part of the path;
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
$document->addStyleSheet(JUri::base() . $User_stylesheet);

One other way can be to do add a second module and see if that makes a difference. But make very sure you will change all references needed in the files otherwise you will overwrite things. Also a reference in xml of module need to be changed then.
(won't respond to PM)
==================================================================
running local: pre-alpha JEM 4.x (custom version) + Joomla 4.0.0beta3 + PHP 7.2.25
running live: jem2.3.0

Last edit: by Bluefox.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......