help to better help you:

Please: add always Joomla / JEM version and details to your posts, so we can try to reproduce your issue!

Feature request - Weekday recurrence needs 5th weekday of month

Re: Feature request - Weekday recurrence needs 5th weekday of month

3 months 2 weeks ago
@webenhanced Thank you for your request and assistance. Any ideas, bug reports, new features, or code proposals are greatly appreciated. There are some cases that need debugging, which you can find in the Issues tab on GitHub.

The development environment uses Joomla on XAMPP with Xdebug and an IDE (e.g., Visual Studio or PHPStorm). You should be familiar with PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and the Joomla API, and be ready to debug. There are many videos and resources online to help you learn these skills.

You can contribute to this project by submitting a Pull Request (PR) on GitHub. If you're not a developer, you can post your suggestions on the JEM Forum.

Hekla has uploaded a new ZIP file containing Beta 1 of the review on the recurrence process and settings. Could you test it? Any feedback would be very helpful to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago
@webenhanced Thank you for your request and assistance. Any ideas, bug reports, new features, or code proposals are greatly appreciated. There are some cases that need debugging, which you can find in the Issues tab on GitHub.
As my goal is to have a stable and feature packed events handler, I will be reviewing and testing the whole software. During this phase, if I see that I can fix things I would submit pull requests and/or suggestions to the issues on github or this forum with pleasure.
The development environment uses Joomla on XAMPP with Xdebug and an IDE (, Visual Studio or PHPStorm). You should be familiar with PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and the Joomla API, and be ready to debug. There are many videos and resources online to help you learn these skills.
Mmmm, I do not use Windows on any machines here (except in a VM), instead I use Fedora Linux with a good programmers editor (geany) with project management. It's not a full IDE though. I also have a server in-house with the standard Apache/MariaDB stuff, as well as a VPS where my sites are housed.

I have done much PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript over the years so am quite comfortable with that, but my knowledge of the Joomla API is limited (and that will obviously get much better over time). I retired from web development a few years back, but have come out of retirement in the last 6 months to support citizen movements pushing back against tyranny. My guess is that it won't take too long to get into the groove.
You can contribute to this project by submitting a Pull Request (PR) on GitHub. If you're not a developer, you can post your suggestions on the JEM Forum.
OK
Hekla has uploaded a new ZIP file containing Beta 1 of the review on the recurrence process and settings. Could you test it? Any feedback would be very helpful to us.
Absolutely can do.
thanks, Graham

3 months 2 weeks ago
I wrote a comment detailing my testing of the latest nightly on the Feature Request issue (). Mostly good, but no events in front end.

3 months 2 weeks ago
I told you Windows because it is easy to set up for debugging, but it is also easy on iOS or Linux. Like IDEs, everyone has preferences, whichever one you feel comfortable with or like the most.

If you have worked with PHP and other basic languages, Joomla is not complicated.

JEM is an Open Source and together we help keep it alive, debug incidents, serve users, make migrations and create new features.

We are all volunteers and we have been with JEM for many years on our websites or with customers.

You have my answer in Github.

3 months 2 days ago
Webenhanded can test this beta version 4.2.3, which includes your request and has been debugged. This beta version also adds new features and has been reviewed.
You can download from Github:
github.com/jemproject/JEM-Project/blob/JEM-4.2.3-dev/pkg_jem_nightly_build_20240724-v1.zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang

Time to create page: 0.644 seconds