help to better help you:

Please: add always Joomla / JEM version and details to your posts, so we can try to reproduce your issue!

Allow unregistered users to create events

Allow unregistered users to create events

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago
Hello,
I cannot allow unregistered users to create events.
Settings allow to chose only administrators or registered users.
But I want unregistered to be able to create an event, save it and then I publish it.
Is there a workaround and wich file do I have to edit in order to make the selection Guests possible?
Kind regards Axel
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by saxel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Allow unregistered users to create events

7 years 3 months ago
In JEM there is no function because of security reasons. If you enable guests creating events, EVERYONE can create events on you website. So if a bot likes you site, he will create events en mass again and again. Do you really want that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

7 years 3 months ago
Hallo Egnarts,

thank you for your reply! Yes I would like everyone to be able to submit events and I would publish them after a short review.
This would save us a lot of time. By the way anyone can register and then submit an event. So what wqould be the big difference? I would install a Captcha against bots so they don't float our database.

Kind regards Axel
PS: I am quite surprized that it is so impossible to allow unregistered users to create events like it used to be in eventlist.
For our visitors I would like a way to create events without registration. I am aware that unregistered users cannot edit events once they submitted it.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago
if there's no abuse you could really save time, but if , then there's need of a lot of time and even money perhaps because you' re responsible for the entries, when you can't reproduce,who wrote an event.
with only giving a valid email by registration, you are free to create a lot of events.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by jojo12.

7 years 3 months ago
Hello,
yes, this is true too. But back to my question:
I tried to editing the xml-file /administrator/components/com_jem/models/forms/settings.xml.
With the effect that I can choose "jeder" (everybody) in backend settings, but the "Submit new event" button does not appear in frontend yet :
Kind regards Axel
<field name="delivereventsyes" type="list"
label="COM_JEM_AC_EVENT_SUBMIT"
description="COM_JEM_AC_EVENT_SUBMIT_DESC"
class="inputbox"
default="0"
required="false"
>
<option value="-2">COM_JEM_ONLYADMINS</option>
<option value="-1">COM_JEM_ALLREGISTERED</option>
<!-- Here I added the everybody option-->
<option value="-1">COM_JEM_EVERYBODY</option>
</field>

7 years 3 months ago
I think you have to change something in componenta/com_jem/classes/user.class.php
and the Submit new event button is in componenta/com_jem/classes/output.class.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxel

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds