Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19793

If a user is creating an event, everybody wants to know. They are just waiting for a notification message. That's not SPAM

If a user is creating an event he/she wants to know the subscriptionlist. That's not SPAM

A newsletter is send every month. Events are organised every day. A newsletter with closed events announcement is SPAM :-)

I want to bring the SPAM problem in this discussion: Each user must be able to decide himself, if he wants that and not only the administrator or creator of a new event. If not this is phishing or spam! And I don't want to help for that.
So I propose our combination of acymailing with Jem for newsletters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19794

Thank you JOJO12 :blush:

@janaman: welcome in our forum!

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19796

If a user is creating an event, everybody wants to know. They are just waiting for a notification message. That's not SPAM

we have a Joomla site with a JEM extension where a lot of different peoples can create events.
Users can register in this Joomla site. Not all of these users want informations for all created events. If you want to send notifications for each created event to all of your joomla users - this is spam for me!
The joomla users must have the possibility to say yes or no to such notifications. If we would go in this direction, this option would be a requested feature!

I am using Groupive from CB, there you can organise groups with events. Each groupmember can decide himself, in which situations he wants notifications! But this extension is not for free.
on JEM 2.3.3 stable in latest Joomla (3.10.2) Protostar php7.4.15
Personally I use t4_B5 template with t4_system plugin framework with bootstrap 5 and fontawesome)
(I prefer free "Signal" or paid "Threema" instead of "Whatsapp".)

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19797

A simple modification of the JAM mail plugin will do:

add a new tab: 'users' with two parameters:

Send all registrer users a notification mail when a new event is created? yes/no

Send event-owner a notification mail when users subscribes to an event? yes/no

All other eventmanagers does have this options :)

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19798

:laugh: sorry it's not so easy.
But you help us, if you try and offer your result here for other users!
on JEM 2.3.3 stable in latest Joomla (3.10.2) Protostar php7.4.15
Personally I use t4_B5 template with t4_system plugin framework with bootstrap 5 and fontawesome)
(I prefer free "Signal" or paid "Threema" instead of "Whatsapp".)

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19799

Sorry JoJo I am not a coder.... The mail plugin sends a lot of e-mail notifications so only the recipients has to changed. Not a big deal.... I thought :silly:

:laugh: sorry it's not so easy.
But you help us, if you try and offer your result here for other users!

Last edit: by janaman.
Time to create page: 0.720 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......