Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Email Notification for new events 6 years 10 months ago #19570

Dear all,

first of all I like to thank all of you who spend so much time to provide JEM to the public!

I am looking for an option to send an email with the link and short description to all registered (joomla) users if a new event is created.
I searched the forum but did not find anything yet.
If there is a feature or a work around for such notifications, it would be great...

Regards
Juergen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Email Notification for new events 6 years 10 months ago #19577

• Hoffi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 449
Hi Juergen,

except enhancing the mailer plugin you could create a JEM group, add all users but don't give any of the permissions. Then select this group on your JEM categories - or create a dedicated JEM category (e.g. "sending email" B) ) and remember each time you create a new event to attach it to this group too. Finally you must configure JEM Mailer plugin: On "Event notifications" - "Email on new events" set "Group" to "Yes". (same on "Email on update events" if you like.)
Pessimists are optimists with experience!

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19775

Sorry for answering so late, I was too busy to try your suggestion.
But finally I tried it and simply to say: It works!

Thank you for your help on that. Great job!

Grüße
Jürgen

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19790

How can I add new members automatically add to a group? Or just send all users a notification mail of a new event without using the group options? We often forget to add new-users to the default group..

And how can I send a attendee registration email to the User who has creating the event? He or she likes to know wich attendees has registered more then the website adminstrator...

Thanx,
Jan

Hi Juergen,

except enhancing the mailer plugin you could create a JEM group, add all users but don't give any of the permissions. Then select this group on your JEM categories - or create a dedicated JEM category (e.g. "sending email" B) ) and remember each time you create a new event to attach it to this group too. Finally you must configure JEM Mailer plugin: On "Event notifications" - "Email on new events" set "Group" to "Yes". (same on "Email on update events" if you like.)

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19791

I want to bring the SPAM problem in this discussion: Each user must be able to decide himself, if he wants that and not only the administrator or creator of a new event. If not this is phishing or spam! And I don't want to help for that.
So I propose our combination of acymailing with Jem for newsletters.
on JEM 2.3.3 stable in latest Joomla (3.10.2) Protostar php7.4.15
Personally I use t4_B5 template with t4_system plugin framework with bootstrap 5 and fontawesome)
(I prefer free "Signal" or paid "Threema" instead of "Whatsapp".)

Last edit: by jojo12.

Email Notification for new events 6 years 9 months ago #19792

@janaman: welcome in our forum!
on JEM 2.3.3 stable in latest Joomla (3.10.2) Protostar php7.4.15
Personally I use t4_B5 template with t4_system plugin framework with bootstrap 5 and fontawesome)
(I prefer free "Signal" or paid "Threema" instead of "Whatsapp".)

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......