• Page:

TOPIC:

How to show week calendar as simple list 5 years 2 months ago #19493

• sf888
  • sf888's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am trying to migate from Eventlist, where I had the list view for events today.
I could live with a view for this week, but rather have this as simplelist view.
I have created the right folder in my template for this override alreday, but I guess I need to do some changes to default.php as well.
I would be glad to get some hints!

Joomla 3.4.3
JEM 2.1.4
I am not a professional Joomla user, but apparently I am very good at hinding that. I know some CSS, something about overrides, but please do not count on it ...
JEM 2.1.4 on Joomla 3.4.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sf888.

How to show week calendar as simple list 5 years 2 months ago #19504

• Hoffi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 449
Hi sf888,

I don't understand your need. JEM provides a Day view you can use to show all events of today (or any day relative to today using day offset option).

A view to list events of one week (or any other amount of days) is not available yet.
Generally it would be possible by adding some code on view's view.html.php to set model's states "filter.calendar_from" and "filter.calendar_to". An example could be found in mod_jem_banner/helper.php which uses the same model (eventslist).
Pessimists are optimists with experience!

How to show week calendar as simple list 5 years 2 months ago #19512

• sf888
  • sf888's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Hoffi,
sorry, but my limitations are showing.
I do not like the display of the calendar tables at all (SORRY!), but the simple list is perfect. So I am trying to have the simple list somewhere/everywhere else instead. I thought this might be possible as the list already exists and I am not trying to create something new. I am fine with whatevery sorting is available, it is really just the display type of the result.
My idea was to add this code (line 36 onward) out of the default.php of simplelist
<!--table-->
<form action="<?php echo $this->action; ?>" method="post" name="adminForm" id="adminForm">
<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('events_table'); ?>
<input type="hidden" name="filter_order" value="<?php echo $this->lists; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="filter_order_Dir" value="<?php echo $this->lists; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="<?php echo $this->task; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="view" value="eventslist" />
</form>

into the default.php of the weekcalendar. That might be not possible, but it was my guess, I did not try as I did not know what to replace. Upon opening that default.php of the weekcalendar (or of today, all actually same look), I really have no idea, where the layout of the calendar is created and could be replaced.

Then I tried to replace view.html.php of weekcalendar with same file of simple list, but o course failed and got the error message View-class not found [Klasse, Datei]: jemViewweekcal

I looked at the suggested helper.php of the banner, but this beyond my understanding how this all works together.

Do I have to give up?
I am not a professional Joomla user, but apparently I am very good at hinding that. I know some CSS, something about overrides, but please do not count on it ...
JEM 2.1.4 on Joomla 3.4.3

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......