Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

On installation "Required PHP extension 'curl' is missing" 7 years 9 months ago #15640

Hi!
I've a Joomla! 2.5.27 Stable version in my hosting (I don't know if i can write the name), and when I try to install JEM i had the error message

"Required PHP extension 'curl' is missing. Please install it into your system. joomla"

What is this?
On google I read a discussion about this message for another joomla component, and someone say that is a problem of the server, it have not the minimum requirements for the component.
Can be possible the same for JEM? Can you say me the minimum requirements for JEM?

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

On installation "Required PHP extension 'curl' is missing" 7 years 9 months ago #15642

• Hoffi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 449
Hi francim,

that's correct, JEM requires cURL (and some other PHP extensions).
Some time ago I walked through the code and listed all extensions expected inside JEM and added them in installer script as requirement to prevent hard to indicate problems. I don't remember how important they are and what happens if they are not present but I found curl, gd, json, pcre, iconv, ctype, and SimpleXML.

These extensions should be activated/enabled on your server (php.ini). In most cases you can't do that yourself instead the only way is to ask your provider.
To check which extensions are enabled on your server you can go to backend System information - PHP Information and walk through the (long) list. Each extension has it's own block and mostly the first entry is something like ...Support and should be set to enabled.

Hm...I searched for curl functions within JEM now but hadn't found one - seems it's no longer reqired. :unsure:
So you could edit pkg_install.php in the package zip by removing "'curl', " (incl. two apostrophs and one comma) in line 43.

Seems I must check the code again and limit the expected extension in the installer script to those really required.
Thanks for reporting this. :cheer:
Pessimists are optimists with experience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: francim

On installation "Required PHP extension 'curl' is missing" 7 years 9 months ago #15643

I try to edit the file, and now works, i've installed it on my joomla, thank you Hoffi! :cheer:

Last edit: by francim.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......