Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the support for EventList 1.1.x, available here in the downloads section.

For all support requests, please provide your current versions of joomla, and of the extensions.

TOPIC:

Deleting past events from the front end 7 years 9 months ago #8972

As far as I know, this is still not available - I'm using v1.1beta3.2.3-14. As a workaround, I added a category called "Deleted" and made it "Speacial access" and unpublished. Now, when an event is over, it's category can be changed to deleted and it disappears from the category listing.

However, if a user, who is not logged in at all, selects "Simple List" they get pages and pages of blanks pages showing up which represent the deleted, non-displaying entries. I would have though, as it is unpublished and special access, this would not happen.

Can anyone suggest a work-around? I did find an offshoot of Eventlist that had frontend deletion but they wanted silly money for it so I declined. Front end deletion is something that's really needed.

Thanks.
Ian Shere
CitrusKiwi Web Solutions LLC
Putting some "zest" in your business

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Deleting past events from the front end 7 years 9 months ago #8973

hi trogladyte,.

I don't think there is a solution for your problem, but perhaps we can find a solution to it. You're probably referring to the pagecounter (the bottom). The issue is noticed before and it has been added to the JEM issuelist. // the fix can be implemented too for eventlist

You know what: I'll spend some time this weekend to this challenge. Not sure if a solution will be found but who knows.

Greetings,
Bluefox
(won't respond to PM)
==================================================================
running: pre-alpha JEM 4.x (custom version) + Joomla 4.0.0-beta7 + PHP 7.3

Last edit: by Bluefox.

Deleting past events from the front end 7 years 9 months ago #8974

Hi Bluefox

Thank you for your kind offer. Unfortunately, this site is on Joomla 1.5.x because it uses Sobi2 which Sigsui decided not to upgrade, giving us, rather, SobiPro which doesn't work for me.

Yes, I am referring to the counter. Currently there are 460 pages of which the overwhelming majority are for deleted items, so clicking 1, 2,3, etc shows "No topics are available", when, in fact, there are, but just on pages 450+!!! Not expecting a site visitor to like that!

Cheers
Ian Shere

Deleting past events from the front end 7 years 9 months ago #8975

Well, did test a bit and at the moment it seems the pagecounter disappears when adding c.published in the model page. Not sure if has some unforseen consequenses or if it is the best fix as it should be tested some more.

The thing i tried:

- go to com_eventlist/models/eventlist.php
- find function _buildWhere()
- find:
// First thing we need to do is to select only needed events
		if ($task == 'archive') {
			$where = ' WHERE a.published = -1';
		} else {
			$where = ' WHERE a.published = 1';
		}

add:
$where .= ' AND c.published=1';

so it will be something like:
// First thing we need to do is to select only needed events
		if ($task == 'archive') {
			$where = ' WHERE a.published = -1';
		} else {
			$where = ' WHERE a.published = 1';
		}
		$where .= ' AND c.published=1';

// edit
Just some info: the function BuildQuery is being used for the pagination and without the check for the published categories (c.published) it will think that there are more results. By adding the c.published it will limit the results and the counter should disappear.
(won't respond to PM)

Last edit: by Bluefox.

Deleting past events from the front end 7 years 9 months ago #8976

Adding that removed the pagination bar, but nothing at all showed. I selected "All" in the dropdown and no events showed up.
Ian Shere

Deleting past events from the front end 7 years 9 months ago #8977

What other settings do you have with the category's?

will take a look at it some more tomorrow/in the weekend.
--> and will test it with Joomla 1.5, did try it with Joomla 2.5 (JEM 1.1 converted, but that is using gids and not aid's)
(won't respond to PM)

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......