Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the support for EventList 1.1.x, available here in the downloads section.

For all support requests, please provide your current versions of joomla, and of the extensions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Breadcrumb / Pathway problem 11 years 9 months ago #656

Hi,

I have set up Eventlist 1.1beta3.0-14 with three level categories:

Berlin
-- Bühne (Stage)
---- Comedy
---- Musical
---- Opera

The Joomla Menu mimics this setup, plus adds "Events" as the first item. I have setup the Joomla menue items to use calendar view for the first level, Categoriesdetailed view for the second level ("Bühne/Stage") and Categoryevents view for the third level ("Comedy").

The breadcrumb / pathway function behaves differently in all three views.

- The calendar view correctly shows: "Home >> Berlin >> Events".

- The Categoriesdetailed view shows: "Home >> Bühne >> Events >> Bühne"
(should be "Berlin", not "Bühne" as second crumb -- url is correct though, only the name wrong)

- The Categoryevents view shows: "Home >> Berlin >> Events >> Bühne >> Comedy >> Berlin >> Bühne"
I have no idea where that comes from. Pretty creative though :-)

So basically all three views create different breadcrumb/pathways from the same category/menu data. Can this be fixed?

I will happily supply access data to my test/dev system for you to check!

Thanks!
Sebastian, from Munich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sebastian.

Re: Breadcrumb / Pathway problem 11 years 8 months ago #1241

Hi Sebastian,

First of all thanks for a very clear, concise problem description. It makes it easy to help you.

I set up your menu on my test system running Eventlist 1.1Beta3.2.2 - It did a little bit better in that the second level's (Stage) breadcrumb was correct. I was able to replicate the third creative breadcrumb : Home >> Berlin >> Stage >> Comedy >> Berlin >> Stage >> Comedy

Given that it's a beta and the sub-categories are new, I would expect some small glitches like this to appear.

It's going to take some debugging to fix this issue. I take it you still need it.

regards,
Edmond
NEW? Please read the Welcome to the EventList Community post.
Click here to find out "How to get your issue solved quickly!"

EventList 1.0.2 Stable for Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5 now available!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......