Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the support for EventList 1.1.x, available here in the downloads section.

For all support requests, please provide your current versions of joomla, and of the extensions.

TOPIC:

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 5 months ago #2780

Hi Ben,

Are you sure you're looking at the /adminstrator/ path? I say this because both venueevents and categoryevents are front end views and the file I've modified for you to use is a back end one. It's easy to confuse because the two paths have components/com_eventlist/views/ in common.

A good way to ensure you're replacing the right file is to look at the contents of both the "new" file and the original file. They should look pretty much the same, just some small code changes between the two.

regards,
Edmond
NEW? Please read the Welcome to the EventList Community post.
Click here to find out "How to get your issue solved quickly!"

EventList 1.0.2 Stable for Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5 now available!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by efduggan.

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 5 months ago #2781

• ccvid
  • ccvid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Good call! You're right. Thanks.

Ben

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 5 months ago #2794

• ccvid
Edmond,

I followed your steps without problem. Everything seemed to go fine. I'm not sure that anything happened when i did the autoarchive/cleanup at the end. There may have been some new events added, but I hadn't paid attention to what the last event was before. There were no duplicates made.

I'll keep a look on this over the coming weeks to see if anything else happens.

The FWC site was down to only one event that was duplicating itself too frequently. I'm thinking I may have deleted the duplicate masters for the other events by mistake.

Thanks for all the help! I'll apply this on the other site next, but probably not today.

Ben

Last edit: by ccvid.

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 4 months ago #3000

• ccvid
Edmond,

It's been more than a week since I applied this update to both websites I have using the new eventlist beta. Both schedules are up and running without problem. I have no multiplying events and the repeating events are working correctly.:woohoo:

I should say in hindsight, there is one thing I would add into the directions for applying this fix. Before you go to housekeeping and click cleanup trigger autoarchive, and before you archive all of the old events...make sure the parent repeating event is published. I'm not sure if it makes a difference in the long run, but as long as it's unpublished the cleanup trigger autoarchive button won't add on the future repeating events.

Thanks for the help!

Ben

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......