Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the support for EventList 1.1.x, available here in the downloads section.

For all support requests, please provide your current versions of joomla, and of the extensions.

TOPIC:

Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 6 months ago #2068

• ccvid
  • ccvid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It appears the repeat function is multiplying like rabbits.

I'm using the 1.1 beta, version 3.22. I have repeat settings set for "weekly", repeating every "1" week, by the end of "unlimited". Under Global Parameters "Monday" is set to be the first day of the week and events are to be generated up to "14" days.

Taking a look ahead on the schedule, one of the repeated events is now listed three times. It's also listed three times the following week.

A second website, set up the same way, has multiplied several different events.

This happened several weeks ago so I went back and deleted the multiplied events, one by one. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 6 months ago #2074

Hi Ben,

I have noticed exactly the same thing.

About 6 weeks after adding some automatic repeating weekly events, every event exists 3 or 4 times now (per week). These unwanted "siblings" have identical event data: date, times, description, category.
For now I delete them manually, but eventually this issue needs to be fixed. I suspect that the replicating function for repeating events is still buggy.

Julian? Any idea of why this is happening?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 6 months ago #2142

• ccvid
:blink: I thought I had a common denominator in the problem, but perhaps not...

On one of the websites I work on...The multiplying event seems to be just one category. That particular category of events was all created out of one event. I had set that event to repeat weekdays, Monday through Friday, unlimited.

Since it's multiplying, I tried to change something today to fix it. On each of those events I changed the repeat option to weekly, unlimited. Then I did the housekeeping autoarchive trigger option. Some of these events multiplied again. So that didn't fix it.

After checking another website I maintain, I blew that one category theory out of the water. It has multiplying events also, but they're not all in one category.:dry:

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 5 months ago #2396

Hi Ben,

Another user has also encountered this issue. See www.joomlaeventmanager.net/forum/6-commu...ted-recurring-events

I've got some hunches on how to solve it, but nothing concrete yet. If you export and post your j1 [...]
NEW? Please read the Welcome to the EventList Community post.
Click here to find out "How to get your issue solved quickly!"

EventList 1.0.2 Stable for Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5 now available!

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 5 months ago #2412

• ccvid
I have 2 different tables to send your way. I'm a bit paranoid...it is possible to send them straight to you instead of posting?

Re: Update: Repeat events are multiplying 11 years 5 months ago #2414

Hi Ben,

I understand your concern about posting private data here. Perhaps we can work via the forum until we hit a road block.

I have one user's exported table and see some things in it that don't seem correct.

If you look at your event table withmyPHPAdmin, examine the initial event entry (recurrence_first_id =0) is there a value other than 1 in recurrence_number? If so, what number do you see?

regards,
Edmond

This message contains confidential information
NEW? Please read the Welcome to the EventList Community post.
Click here to find out "How to get your issue solved quickly!"

EventList 1.0.2 Stable for Joomla 1.6/1.7/2.5 now available!

Last edit: by efduggan.
Time to create page: 0.601 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......