Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
EventList 1.0.2 for Joomla 1.6 - 2.5
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eventspecifications and Plugincode (Phoca Maps) 6 years 3 weeks ago #15648

Hi everybody again !

I'm useing evntlist 1.0.2. in combination with joomla 2.x.

I would like to present a customised map from "Phocamaps" in the venue specifications. The problem:
The text area under specifications won't accept Plugincodes.

Example: by entering {phocamaps view=map|id=1alt} it shows only the code, not the map behind (using the same code in a core content field, it works nice). :(

Is there a simple solution? Thanx a lot for your answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eventspecifications and Plugincode (Phoca Maps) 6 years 3 weeks ago #15650

• Hoffi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 449
It sounds as EL's event view doesn't trigger content plugins - or the way or names had changed since Joomla 1.5.
You could take a look into EL's event view code (view.html.php) and search for "trigger". There should be something like "$dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepare', ...". Then you could check on which events ("on..." functions) PhocaMaps plugin reacts. Maybe the names have changed (e.g. onContentPrepare vs. onPrepareContent).
If so you can adapt EL's view code and enhance PhocaMaps by supporting both variants (by adding new function with the other name which simply calls the corresponding function, maybe adapting the parameters if different).
Pessimists are optimists with experience!

Eventspecifications and Plugincode (Phoca Maps) 6 years 3 weeks ago #15651

• jojo12
  • Thank you received: 357
Hi BaumRIMS,
used very long time the eventlist 1.02 for Joomla 2.5. And I thought it's nearly stable.
Then I helped getting the JEM 2.0, and I've seen, there were a lot of problems behind the facade, I've never seen.
For that I propose you to try the new JEM 2 for Joomla 2.5. As much as I know you can use it neneath the eventlist.
It has a lot of added useful features which never were in the old eventlist 1.0.2. And the developers like Hoffi made good work to make it safer.
on JEM 2.3.0 stable in latest Joomla (3.9.22) Protostar php7.4.5

Eventspecifications and Plugincode (Phoca Maps) 6 years 3 weeks ago #15652

just a quick note:

the reason that the map is not triggered is indeed due the name change of the event/trigger like Hoffi mentioned.
(won't respond to PM)
==================================================================
running local: pre-alpha JEM 4.x (custom version) + Joomla 4.0.0beta3 + PHP 7.2.25
running live: jem2.3.0

Eventspecifications and Plugincode (Phoca Maps) 6 years 3 weeks ago #15654

• Hoffi
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 449
@BaumRIMS:

At first I agree Jojo, you should try out JEM. I fear you wouldn't go back to EL. :whistle: ;)

But inbetween you can edit /components/com_eventlist/views/details/view.html.php lines 142 and 154 by replacing
$results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array (& $row, & $params, 0));
with
$results = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepare', array ('com_eventlist.event', & $row, & $params, 0));
the first time as well as with
$results = $dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepare', array ('com_eventlist.venue', & $row, & $params, 0));
the second time.

btw: JEM is based on EL and you can import data from EL into JEM. But it's also a completely different extension so you can have both JEM and EL side by side on the same site without any interferences.
Also JEM triggers in new style - but there you don't need PhocaMaps because JEM has integrated map support. B)
Pessimists are optimists with experience!

Eventspecifications and Plugincode (Phoca Maps) 6 years 2 weeks ago #15665

Ohh.

I solved my problem

Now I have another question ...

How to insert a phocamaps map in description of "venueevents" ??

Thanks

Last edit: by jkab.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

If you find JEM useful and if you use it on your site, please consider a donation to the project.

Private Messages

You are not logged in.

Follow us......